Privacy Policies & Practices
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Winekauf Insurance, Inc and Subsidiaries.
The GLBA further requires that we inform you that you have a right to prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law. Your right to prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party for a purpose that is not specifically authorized by law is called your right to “opt out” of such information sharing.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
1. Information we collect:
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- ** Information we receive from you on insurance applications or other insurance company forms with regard to insurance coverage in place.
- ** Information about your transactions with us or with others as it pertains to insurance coverage in place.
- ** Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as credit reports bearing on your creditworthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics or mode of life which is used, expected to be used, or collected for the purpose of serving as a factor in establishing your eligibility for insurance to be used primarily for personal purposes.
- ** Information we receive from claims adjusters or other individuals or entities concerning the processing or administration of claims that you might have as a result of purchasing an insurance product from us.
- ** Information we receive from underwriting services such as CLUE or Fair Isaac provided for insurance companies and agents and used as a factor in establishing your eligibility for insurance to be used primarily for personal purposes.
- ** Information we receive from government agencies such as motor vehicle records.
- ** Information that we compile from sources that are within the public domain such as telephone books, city directories, and membership lists that are subsequently compiled into a nonpublic personal information database used by us.
2. Information we may disclose to third parties:
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about our customers or former customers, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We also may disclose information about our customers or former customers as permitted by law.
3. Non-affiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made:
- A. Non-Affiliated Third Parties to Whom Disclosures May Be Made
- We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you, such as we have described above, to the following types of third parties that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- ** Financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements such as insurance providers including those that have issued a policy or policies to you.
- ** Financial institutions that may have loaned you money to acquire an item of personal property such as a house, boat, car, jewelry, etc. that requires proof of insurance coverage.
- ** Other insurance agents or brokers to enable us to provide insurance coverage requested by you.
- We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
B. Notification of Your Right to Opt Out of Certain Disclosures
4. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
5. Our policy regarding dispute resolution:
6. Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, Winekauf Insurance, Inc reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be Winekauf Insurance, Inc’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
Mon - Thurs: 8:30am -4:30pm
Fri 8:30am - 12pm
Evenings and Weekends by appointment
201 Old Dubuque Road
PO Box 48
Anamosa, IA 52205